Legislative and Socioeconomics Committee
- Develops, contests, monitors and implements legislative policy at the local, state and federal levels.
- Studies, recommends, monitors and engages in activities related to the socioeconomics aspects of medical practice management, regulations and managed care issues, including participating in meetings/forums with health plans.
- Meets with elected officials of the Texas Legislature and Congress to keep them informed on medicine’s issues.
- Coordinates meetings with members of the Texas House of Representatives and Senate during First Tuesdays visits to the Capitol in Austin during legislative sessions.
- Works closely with the Texas Medical Association (TMA) to develop and support the TMA legislative agenda.
Meeting Dates: Click Here for the BCMS Calendar
Click here to participate
Dr. Ezquiel "Zeke" Silva, III, MD, Chair
Jennifer Rushton, MD, Vice Chair
Mary E. Nava, MBA
Chief Government Affairs Officer